Sunday, November 10, 2013

VBC Racing WildFire D06 Building Blog Step 1

I received my VBC Racing WildFire D06 car kit last Friday from HongKong.
It is a relatively new brand in RC market that not many people familiar with.
I found out its predecessor D05 was a very well made car, So I placed an order for the new kit once I got enough funding.
Now, Less chat, let's Rock!!!

Tools and setup supplements:

  • 1.5mm, 2mm, and 3mm Hex drivers.
  • Digital Caliper.
  • Pliers.
  • Sand paper.
  • Green Slime from Team Associated(1105).
  • 5mm Shim spacers (0.1, 0.2,and 0.3mm).
  • CA Super Glue.
  • Thread-lock.
  • Double-side/Single-side foam tapes.



Step 1 Graphite Edges Protection Procedure

After open the pack box, I have to say, this is one of the most attractive box I have ever met.
I like the Front bulk-head design.

Open the seal case, I got all part bags with step-labels stick on, very easy to find, no mess. Sweet!

Look at this "Magic Bag", Guess what's inside?

Yeah, you are right, the chassis.
Bulk heads, upper deck, motor mount are all pre-built. it is nice but I still have to take the upper deck off, then sand the edge of chassis and all graphite parts.
After sanding job done, I am going to use CA glue to seal the edge.
Why am I doing so? it make the chassis more durable against scratching. BTW, it also looks and feels nice.

Tips: Do not apply too much at one spot, otherwise the glue will spread out and ruin the whole chassis. I dip the Glue bottle on the end of chassis with one drop then lift it up to let the glue run though-out the edge, add one more drop if it dry. Just be patient and cautious. ^_^
Alright, Step 1 done.
Easy, isn't it?

<<-Visit SpeedyRC Online eStore
    

No comments:

Post a Comment